Monday, December 27, 2010

A new beginning :)

I haven't blogged in ages. The main reason for this is because we recently moved to a new town where I will be going to University :) The internet has been a royal pain in the BUTT and has taught me the value of patience... or at least I hope so. Anyway, we have now managed to get internet that is a little better and faster, so now I can blog again! Yipee!!!

I really suck at blogging. I never really know what to say and when I do know what to say I never know how to begin. BUT, I'm doing it anyway. After having watched the movie Julia & Julia, I 've been thinking to change my blog a bit. I will still be typing about my journey with horses, but i wanted to make it something interesting... something some people could use.

So, here goes...

Going back to the topic of moving and University... I am FINALLY (after 3 years of waiting) going to University! I am so excited. I will be studying Equine Science (duh!). I am very amped for it and can't wait to start. This is what I have been waiting for... a chance to learn even more about horses and in greater detail. I've been doing my SANEF modules (it's like South Africa's version of the BHS exams) and found it fun, but not challenging enough. And I don't really seem to see myself as a teacher, even with others reminding me otherwise (to this day I still have "students" writing to me and saying how much the miss me... and I'm only 21!). However, I will see to complete my first level in the distant future.

Anyway, so that was part one of my blog. The second part will consist of my horse! Yes, I am getting my own horse. Finally!!! It is like a dream come true :) I have found the perfect hrse to start with. It is a TB (since they are easy to come by and make good all rounders), dark bay, 4 year old gelding. I fell in love with him the second I saw him :) At the moment he is still by his old owners and will only come up next month when I pay the rest of his fee. I will be keeping all of you updated on our training together. I will be attempting to combine Natural Horsemanship and Traditional horsemanship together, a lot like what Karen Rolhf does. More on this later ;)

So, this is it for my first blog in what seems to have been FOREVER. Stay tuned for my next blog!!!!

A Merry Xmis for everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment